Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DTC 10/12/12

DTC stands for Documents To China.  We're incredibly thankful for a wonderful agency that would respond to frantic emails in minutes, to a friend of a friend that let us stop by and use her as a notary after several banks wouldn't notarize a certain kind of document, and encouragement from friends and family!

The next step is receiving our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) from China.  This could take anywhere from 30 to 110 days, although a lot of them come around 60 days.  I would love to have it by Christmas :)

JanaLynn and I rearranged and cleaned Craig's room last week and scrounged up all the baby toys we could find.  Alaina reminds JL that it is no longer her room and JL seems to be making the adjustment.  The other day she wondered when it would be her room again, when I told her it might never be hers she was a little disappointed.  Although, once she heard about the polka dots we are painting on her and Alaina's walls she was easily reconciled. 

 I'm working on getting Craig's room ready for him.  We get to send a photo album and I would like a photo or two of his room in it.  We'll see if I can make that happen though.  I'm vacillating on paint colors and planning an airplane quilt.  JL is pretty sure that he would love orange walls, although I'm doubting that would go over as well as she thinks ;)

Alaina and I were talking today about where Craig is living now and she asked if she came from China when she was a baby. 


1 comment: